Previous Posts

Archives

Inspiration

Hosted with love
Powered by Blogger

Daily Reads
Sucking It In [my diet blog]
Heptapod.org
TranceJen
AshBlog
Diarist.net/clix
Random Frost

New To Me
NewYorkish.com
Wonkette
You Cant Make It Up

Extras
Join here to get email when I update the site:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Diarist.net Site Meter Listed on Blogwise

Today is a black day
Thursday, November 04, 2004

We watched CNN and briefly checked out what the Republican spinners were reporting on FOX all day yesterday. Around 4pm our time when FOX called Ohio and therefore the election to Bush I had fallen asleep and mr ralph woke me with these words, "He's lost it."

I couldn't digest it. It had to be FOX miscalling again. Besides, they aren't a real news station. We looked on to what CNN would do. For the following 3 to 4 hours that we watched CNN continued to call Ohio 'too close to call.' But somehow deep down I knew the Republicans had pulled it off again.

Whatever it was nobody knows it but those that helped them. I know that Kerry did the right thing in conceding. What point would it be to have a full repeat like 2000? I have lost faith in the voting system of America, and I don't think I am alone.

I have lost faith that every vote counts. I don't believe this election nor the last election was won fairly. I just cannot swallow that the American people would have voted in such big turnouts for that fuc$face. I cannot be a minority, I know that I am not.

Good, strong Democrats all over are trying to band together and say we will be able to take back the country in 2008, but will we really? Will we ever be able to win an election in a place where democracy is just a word in textbooks?? What about those people who stood in lines for 10 hours?? And for what? The day should be a public holiday and all votes should be cast with pen and paper like the Australians do it.

I mean give me a break, in the place where we've sent people to the moon we can't make an electronic voting machine that works? The whole idea of electronic voting machines was dumb from the beginning. Everyone knows that they can be hacked and rigged and God knows what.

As you can tell I'm not exactly in a good frame of mind. I stand by what I believe. Kerry should be President today yet we still have a chimp in the Whitehouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home