Previous Posts

Archives

Inspiration

Hosted with love
Powered by Blogger

Daily Reads
Sucking It In [my diet blog]
Heptapod.org
TranceJen
AshBlog
Diarist.net/clix
Random Frost

New To Me
NewYorkish.com
Wonkette
You Cant Make It Up

Extras
Join here to get email when I update the site:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Diarist.net Site Meter Listed on Blogwise

Not spoilage - Go see The Forgotten
Monday, November 08, 2004

I love mystery thrillers and I'd have to put The Forgotten in the top 5 that I have seen. Let's not forget that Julianne Moore is highly rated by me as an actresses after her unforgetable performance in my favorite movie Magnolia.

The first 30 minutes is an incredible lead into a film full of twists and turns.

I would have preferred to not have seen any trailers. The unknown would be harder to figure out if it had not been practically given away beforehand. They give too much away when trying to entice the viewer to go see it.

The movie is clever in orchestrating shock moments expertly; they're woven in to come at you quite unexpectantly. Before you realise it, you are jumping out of your seat, or as in my case almost breaking your partner's hand as you squeeze it too tightly.

As with all good mysteries all is not completely revealed and you are left at the end to piece together what you think may have happened. I do not like to spoil movies so I won't do it this time either, but it is definately one of the best attention holder's of the year.

In a way it is this year's Matrix because it introduces ideas things that could make you question your own reality and what you know to be true.

If you haven't already seen it, go -- and take a friend to hold your hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home