Previous Posts

Archives

Inspiration

Hosted with love
Powered by Blogger

Daily Reads
Sucking It In [my diet blog]
Heptapod.org
TranceJen
AshBlog
Diarist.net/clix
Random Frost

New To Me
NewYorkish.com
Wonkette
You Cant Make It Up

Extras
Join here to get email when I update the site:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Diarist.net Site Meter Listed on Blogwise

Pointless television and a kind way to say F*%k you
Monday, October 11, 2004

I stayed up later than mr. ralph tonight to watch the end of an imported American mini-series called The 4400. I honestly feel like 6 hours were stolen from me since I still don't understand the first thing about it. The end was very odd, almost like the network cut it off before it was finished.

I think this is the first time in ages that he has gone to sleep before me. I am usually the first to pass out on the couch while watching TV. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. Aww.

The laptop's d key is sticking.

Also, it is already getting warmer here and I sense that this summer is going to be a hot miserable one.

Buckley bugs me all day with his insistent clawing at the door if I don't let him outside. Then when I let him out I have to watch him so he doesn't go into the neighbor's yard and wander too far from home. He has discovered that the fence is not too tall for him to jump over, and the birds that fly too and fro really entice him. I know he would eventually come back, but I don't really want him spending time at the old ladies house. I know she has a cat (although we haven't seen him in a while) and he could end up in a fight. Since he hasn't been around other cats since he left his siblings as a kitten, I just don't want to chance it.

Just in case you aren't aware, I am one of those sick pet owners that talks non-stop about her pet. You will eventually want to kill me. Plus if you were to turn on our digital camera this very moment all you will find is pictures of him. It isn't just me either, we are equally twisted. We love him and he loves us.

I rang my insurance company today because I wanted to be assured that they have forwarded all documents necessary to ensure my employer will pay me on schedule. I wanted to be on top of it even though my case manager promised me she would be timely.

According to the guy who answered her line, she is on leave and nothing has been done so far. They have received the medical certificates from my surgeon, but that is it. I am not very pleased with this chick, and if I have to go without pay due to her incompetence I will complain to her boss.

I probably should go to sleep now, but what reason do I really have to get to bed? I haven't even been off work for more than two weeks, including the days in hospital, and I am sick of it. I hate being at home all day. I've never been a home-body. I have redesigned this site and thought I would feel inspired to write, but I haven't really felt like writing much either. The year off may have made me rusty.

This seems to be the week of famous people dying. I was sad to hear of Christopher Reeve, and also Rodney Dangerfield earlier this week. It is especially sad about Superman, a real hero of my age group.

Now I am totally changing gears because the weirdest thing just happened to me. As I have been at home and decided to log on to MSN Messenger (which I probably haven't used in well over a year), I saw an ex love-interest of mine online and thought I would say hi. I got a very weird response via email and feel a bit taken back by it.

Hi Ms. Ralph,
I'm sorry, but I don't want to catch up. Things have changed and I don't feel like it's really appropriate to chat with you any more. I'd rather keep what we had in the past. Hope you're happy in whatever you are doing.
Take care,
-ex love interest

Upon reading it a second time I begin to wonder what he meant by "things have changed." At first I assumed he was jumping to conclusions thinking I still harbor an interest in him, which would be pretty damn presumptuous since we haven't spoken in almost 2 years and I am happily married. But I am not sure if that is what he means. In any case it is quite a stake in the heart to be told by someone you once cared for that they have no interest in catching up with you.

Maybe he has issues that he has not resolved. I don't really know. I told him that of course he can choose who he speaks to and who he doesn't. I think I may have preferred him to just simply ignore me and block me from seeing him online than tell me so very bluntly to piss off.

Jesus the English have some nerve. They even say F*%k You in the most polite way possible. Sting any less? Ah well, it is really no big deal. I simply deleted him and that is that.

This guy has got balls of steel though. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home